Monica just got married!
Since the day she said I do, she no longer thinks only for herself. She thinks for her husband Dodo too. I imagined that she’s in the transition period.
To be honest, I don’t know how she feels right now. I don’t have the experience yet. I’m still happy spending all my money on plane tickets and delicious foods from all over the world. There’s so much to see in the world. I don’t see myself settling down anytime soon.
Anyway, while browsing on pinterest for inspirations, I found a cute infographic showing legit marriage advices. It’s not too lovey dovey to be true. It’s realistic and it teaches me a great deal about love.
Let me share this for you. In case you, like Monica, are in the transition period too, this might help:
1. Never stop dating each other. Go to the movies together, eat a nice dinner together, surprise him/her, talk about everything, build a dream together, and get to know him/her more (people change a lot), and learn to love him/her more.
2. Stop searching who’s right and who’s wrong. No matter how infuriating he/she is, pause and think of a win-win solution.
4. Choose to forgive.
5. Choose to love. Feelings come and go. Love is a choice. Everyday, do small kind things that brings you closer to him/her.
6. Find a few minutes to talk to him/her everyday. Let him/her know what’s up in your life. Share about your big and small triumphs and problems. Solve and celebrate together.
7. Assume the best. Don’t assume what him/her is going to do next. Focus on his/her best qualities.
8. Kiss, kiss, and kiss.
Hope these tips help, guys.